Saturday, July 6, 2013

Wandering off on my Own


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 43. Here is what I learned.

Send me your light and ·truth [faithfulness] to ·guide [lead] me. Let them ·lead [bring] me to your holy mountain [Zion, the location of the Temple], to ·where you live [your dwelling]. Psalm 43:3 (EXB)

Send your light and your truth. Let them guide me. Let them bring me to your holy mountain and to your dwelling place. Psalm 43:3 (GW)

Guide: a primitive root; to guide; by implication, to transport.

Lately there have been reports of hikers lost because they chose to leave the paths/trails and venture out on their own. Some hikers were found safe, others lost their lives. The paths provide a safe way to navigate through the wilderness. Yet, some think they know better, or want to prove that they are capable of making their own path, or are attracted/distracted by something off the path. 

The same is true in life. God not only has designed a path, but provides the light to direct me as I walk along. He provides guidance and will lead me safely. Yet, I too often am distracted by what is off the path, or I want to take a different path, because I think I know a better way. However, each time I wonder off on my own, I end up struggling, unhappy, dissatisfied at what I found, discouraged at mess I created for myself, and wandering around wondering how to find my way back to the path. 

Thankfully, God never loses sight of me as I wander off on my own. He is waiting to lead me back to His path, as soon I say... “help”. You’d think over time, I’d stop wandering off on my own, realizing that it only leads to trouble. But I’m a slow learner and quick forgetter of what I have learned. Thankfully, God is patient, gracious, and merciful. And no matter how many times I wander off the path and go out on my own, God is waiting and watching ready to lead me back to the path. 

To create a positive day, I need to stay on the path God has laid out for me, and not go wandering off on my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment