Sunday, June 30, 2013

Very Best Way Possible


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 91. Here is what I learned.

They will call to me, and I will answer them. I will be with them in ·trouble [distress]; I will rescue them and ·honor [glorify] them. Psalm 91:15 (EXB)

He will call on Me, and I will answer. I’ll be with him through hard times; I’ll rescue him and grant him honor. Psalm 91:15 (VOICE)

"I will answer him." I think we sometimes discourage ourselves by a misconception of the exact meaning of the expression, "answer," taking it to mean only grant. Now, an answer is not necessarily an acquiescence. It may be a refusal, an explanation, a promise, a conditional grant. It is, in fact, simply attention to our request expressed. In this sense, before we call he will answer, and while we are yet speaking he will hear, Isaiah 65:24.  Mary B. M. Duncan

Answer: Pay attention.

I’m so thankful that first, God pays attention to my prayer. I’m also thankful that God answers my prayers using all His wisdom, grace and mercy. He knows much better than I want is best for me. When I pray, I must be watching for HIS answer to my prayers and not some preconceived notion of what I think the answer will be! 

How often do I pray, not desiring God’s best, but rather what I WANT right here and now? Those prayers are that of a two-year old... I want it and I want it NOW! And if God doesn’t give it to me, I get upset and complain. The problem isn’t that God didn’t answer my prayer, but rather that God didn’t give me the answer I WANTED

God is paying attention. God does hear my prayers. And because He is a gracious and merciful God, He doesn’t give me all my wants. Rather, He answers my prayers in accordance with His will and His purpose. 

When I pray, I need to pray in accordance to God’s will, knowing that He will answer my prayers in such as way that will glorify Him and accomplish His purpose and plan in my life. 

Praying, expecting and knowing that God will answer in the very best way possible—not just giving me what I want—will create a positive day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment