Sunday, June 30, 2013

Refreshes


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 92. Here is what I learned.

But you have ·made me as strong as [exalted my horn like; symbol of strength] an ox. You have poured ·fine [rich; fresh] oils on me [a gesture of hospitality]. Psalm 92:10 (EXB)

But You have made me strong as a wild ox, anointed me with the refreshing oil of Your blessing. Psalm 92:10 (VOICE)

But you’ve made me as strong as a wild ox. I’m soaked in precious ointment. Psalm 92:10 (CEB)

Faith takes delight in foreseeing the mercy of the Lord, and sings of what he will do as well as of what he has done. The Treasury of David

"Anointed with fresh oil." Every kind of benediction and refreshment I have received, do receive, and shall receive, like one at a feast, who is welcomed as a friend, and whose head is copiously anointed with oil or fragrant balm. In this way, the spirits are gently refreshed, an inner joyousness excited, the beauty of the face and limbs, according to the custom of the country, brought to perfection. Martin Geier

There is nothing better than realizing that God is not limited by any circumstance. He has proven over and over that He cares for His own. He’s done it before, He can do it again. 

When I limit God’s ability by trying to figure it all out on my own, I find my soul hurting and discouragement sets in because Satan then uses the ‘failure’ to try to convince me that God doesn’t care. However, that is just not true! I can not limit God in anyway. God can take care of me using any and all His resources. He can supply my needs using some of the same creative ways He’s used, or He can supply in a brand new way. 

Knowing what God has done gives me confidence that He can and will do it again! That fact alone refreshes my soul and creates a positive day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment