Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Lean On


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 4. Here is what I learned.

From this day forward, offer to God the right sacrifice from a heart made right by God. Entrust yourself to the Eternal. Psalm 4:5 (VOICE)

Offer just and right sacrifices; trust (lean on and be confident) in the Lord. Psalm 4:5 (AMP)

And put your trust in the Lord: not in your strength, in horses and chariots, and numbers of men; nor in wise counsels, nor in riches, nor in fleshly privileges, nor in works of righteousness, or sacrifices of righteousness: for though they are to be performed, they are not to be trusted in; nor in your own hearts. And while the psalmist is striking at the false confidence of the sons of men he is addressing, he may at the same time be thought to be encouraging those that were with him to trust in the Lord, Jehovah, the Son of God, before spoken of by him as the object of trust, Psalm 2:12; to trust in his person for the acceptance of their persons and sacrifices of righteousness; and in his righteousness for justification; in his blood for pardon; in his sacrifice for expiation of sin; in his fulness for daily supplies; and in his power for protection and safety. And it is right to trust in him at all times; in times of affliction, temptation, and desertion: he is always the same; in him is everlasting strength; he has an heart as well as an ability to help and succour, and none ever trusted in him and were confounded. Such have peace and safety, and can want no good thing. Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible

Lean on and be confident in the Lord. God can handle us leaning on Him... He’s strong enough to support us, He won’t break. But often, I know that I’d rather try to stand on my own, and sadly to say... that never seems to work out! 

I use crutches to walk any distance due to nerve damage in my leg. I tried using a cane, but that didn’t provide the support necessary and I found myself falling. There are times, when I set my crutches aside, especially in the apartment (there are things I can grab onto if needed). But I’ve learned over the past 12 years, that when my leg is tired, it supports me less, therefore, I do better using a crutch or two even in the apartment. I’ve learned that my crutches are stable enough to support me. When I use the crutches I’m able to get around without the fear of falling, and it makes getting things done easier. The crutches remove my fear of falling, because over the years, I’ve learned that when I use them, I have the ability necessary to move about. 

Leaning on God is NOT a crutch! Rather God provides the needed support, stabiliy, and help to accomplish His will. When I face an unknown or start to worry about things out of my control, I’m standing on my own and am sure to fall. But when I lean on God, He provides exactly what is necessary to move about freely and safely.

To create a positive day, I need to lean on and be confident in the Lord and what He is doing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment