Thursday, July 25, 2013

Ultimately in Control!


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 61. Here is what I learned.

May You prolong the [true] King’s life [adding days upon days], and may His years be to the last generation [of this world and the generations of the world to come]. Psalm 61:6 (AMP)

Add days upon days to the life of the king. May his years endure throughout every generation. Psalm 61:6 (GW)

As I read Psalm 61:6, I realized the truth that I really have no control over prolonging my life. That ultimate is up to God and His plan. However, I still need to continue to make the best choices in caring for my body and not act foolishly. 

How much time is wasted on being anxious about things out of our control? I think back a few years, my sister and I had things all planned out. My parents moved to her town, so she’d be able to care for them in their old age. And sometime in the future, I’d move close to her, so we could help care for each other as we aged. But God had a totally DIFFERENT plan. My sister died in April 2011 due to cancer. My parents then moved back to FL, to be near my brothers. And.... I guess in time I might move down there too.... maybe. 

Plans... how do I add days to my life? That I can’t do! 

And which of you by being overly anxious and troubled with cares can add a cubit to his stature or a moment [unit] of time to his age [the length of his life]? Luke 12:25 (AMP)

What I can do is make sure that each and every day I am living a life that is pleasing to God and accomplishing His will for my life. 

To create a positive day, I need to remember that when I create plans, to make sure I consult God, realizing that He is ultimately in control! 

No comments:

Post a Comment