Tuesday, July 23, 2013

My Ultimate Hero

 
This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 30. Here is what I learned.

I will extol You, O Lord, for You have lifted me up and have not let my foes rejoice over me. Psalm 30:1 (AMP)

I will ·praise [exalt] you, Lord, because you ·rescued me [brought me up]. You did not let my enemies ·laugh at [rejoice over] me. Psalm 30:1 (EXB)

"I will exalt thee, for thou hast exalted me." I would render according to the benefit received. The Psalmist's praise was reasonable. He had a reason to give for the praise that was in his heart. He had been drawn up like a prisoner from a dungeon, like Joseph out of the pit, and therefore he loved his deliverer. Grace has uplifted us from the pit of hell, from the ditch of sin, from the Slough of Despond, from the bed of sickness, from the bondage of doubts and fears: have we no song to offer for all this? How high has our Lord lifted us? Lifted us up into the children's place, to be adopted into the family; lifted us up into union with Christ, "to sit together with him in heavenly places." Lift high the name of our God, for he has lifted us above the stars.  The Treasury of David

I’ve been thinking lately about the people our society chooses as “heroes”. The character of a person should be a factor in whether or not a person is worthy of our praise and honor. Yet, our society ignores the moral character and idolizes anyone who they determine should be turned into a celebrity. 

I should be honoring and praising God, for He is worthy of praise, and honor. He is pure, right, just, and holy. I will extol, honor.... celebrate God—because is is truly worthy!

To create a positive day, I need to make sure that my ultimate Hero is God himself, and that I spend time praising Him! 

No comments:

Post a Comment