Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Snuggle under the Shadow


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 57. Here is what I learned.

Be merciful and gracious to me, O God, be merciful and gracious to me, for my soul takes refuge and finds shelter and confidence in You; yes, in the shadow of Your wings will I take refuge and be confident until calamities and destructive storms are passed. Psalm 57:1 (AMP)

Mercy. May Your mercy come to me, O God, for my soul is safe within You, the guardian of my life. I will seek protection in the shade of Your wings until the destruction has passed. Psalm 57:1 (VOICE)

Be good to me, God—and now!  I’ve run to you for dear life. I’m hiding out under your wings until the hurricane blows over. Psalm 57:1 (MSG)

Max, my parakeet, reminds me often of the safety God provides. Sometimes, Max is content to set on his cage, as long as he can see me. If I leave the room, Max comes flying looking for me. Sometimes, Max wants to sit on my shoulder and  often falls asleep there.  Other times, Max snuggles close to my hear hiding under my hair. The closeness of Max depends on several things. First, if he’s scared, such as during a thunderstorm (he doesn’t like loud noises). Second, if I’ve been gone, and he’s been left alone for any length of time. And lastly, simply because Max wants to be close to me. 

I know that God is a safe refuge when I’m scared or troubled... but how often do I just want to be near God to be near Him? Thankfully, I can “snuggle under the shadow of God’s wings” just to enjoy God’s love and care. 

To create a positive day, I need to snuggle under the shadow of God’s wings and enjoy His amazing love.

No comments:

Post a Comment