Friday, July 26, 2013

Echo


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 62. Here is what I learned.

God has spoken once, twice have I heard this: that power belongs to God. Psalm 62:11 (AMP)

God has said this once, and I have heard it ·over and over [twice]: God is strong. Psalm 62:11 (EXB)

God said this once and for all; how many times Have I heard it repeated? “Strength comes Straight from God.” Psalm 62:11 (MSG)

"God hath spoken once." So immutable is God that he need not speak twice, as though he had changed; so infallible, that one utterance suffices, for he cannot err; so omnipotent, that his solitary word achieves all his designs. We speak often and say nothing; God speaks once and utters eternal verities. All our speaking may yet end in sound; but he speaks, and it is done; he commands, and it stands fast. "Twice have I heard this." Our meditative soul should hear the echo of God's voice again and again. What he speaks once in revelation, we should be always hearing. Creation and providence are evermore echoing the voice of God; "He that hath hears to hear, let him hear." We have two ears, that we may hear attentively, and the spiritual have inner ears with which they hear indeed. He hears twice in the best sense who hears with his heart as well as his ears. "That power belongeth unto God." He is the source of it, and in him it actually abides. This one voice of God we ought always to hear, so as to be preserved from putting our trust in creatures in whom there can be no power, since all power is in God. What reason for faith is here! It can never be unwise to rest upon the almighty arm. Out of all troubles he can release us, under all burdens sustain us, while men must fail us at the last, and may deceive us even now. May our souls hear the thunder of Jehovah's voice as he claims all power, and henceforth may we wait only upon God! The Treasury of David

Echoes. We like to hear good things over and over. “You look good.” “I love you.” We never tire of hearing praise and thanks. The echoes of God’s truth should be music to our ears, as it provides comfort and assurance. 

The echo of God’s never-ending supply of power and strength should ring loud and clear over and over. And that echo will provide encouragement knowing that God’s strength is exactly what I need to get through my day. 

To create a positive day, I need to listen to the echo of God’s truth ringing loud and clear as I go about my day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment