Saturday, March 18, 2017

Request from the One giving! (James)

If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. James 1:5
(For the first part of the verse visit this link:

Let him ask: request for oneself
Giveth: to grant, give to one asking, let have
All: means "all" in the sense of each (every) part that applies
Liberally: simply, openly, frankly, sincerely, led solely by his desire to bless
Upbraideth: finding fault, to disgrace (insult), reproach; mock (curse); insult, cast blame (create shame) 
Not: negates the underlying idea (concept) of a statement, ruling out its possibilities, 
And: moreover, even, indeed
Given: to grant, give to one asking, let have

Literal translation: Let him request from the One giving. 

The art of USING wisdom. What good is it to know something, and not put it to use? 
And if you are absent of wisdom, you are to go to the source — God Himself, the One who can supply wisdom! 

If you need the plumbing fixed at your home, you don't ask the grocery clerk to fix it. You call a plumber. When you need wisdom, looking for it in the wrong place will get you nowhere. 
Yet, in our lives, when we need wisdom, we turn to whomever is on TV, or the latest self-help book. While those things may have some good ideas, it is not true wisdom! 

The art of using wisdom is vital to life. And when wisdom is absent, then trouble begins. 

If I am not practicing the art of USING wisdom, then I need to go directly to the SOURCE and request wisdom. God is waiting to give it to me. He will not scold me for not asking sooner. He will not tell me that this is the UMPTEENTH time, I've asked for the same wisdom. He will not shame me or find fault that I don't know something. 
God is waiting to abundantly supply all that I need to know so that I can practice the art of using wisdom! 

I only need to REQUEST from the One giving!

No comments:

Post a Comment