Monday, June 15, 2020

Psalm - Psalm 1

It's been a while since I've posted on the blog. I've been posting on Facebook, and sorry to say, I've forgotten to post the information here. 

Today, I'm starting a new Bible Study. I'm going to pick out one verse from each Psalm on which to focus. 

Psalm 1
Psalm 1:2But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and in His law he meditates day and night.

Delight: things desired, purpose
Meditates: to ponder, contemplate, talk it over with oneself

But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on His law [His precepts and teachings] he [habitually] meditates day and night. Psalm 1:2 (AMP)

They ·love [delight in] the Lord’s ·teachings [laws; instructions], and they ·think about [meditate on] those ·teachings [laws; instructions] day and night. Psalm 1:2 (EXB)

I like that word in the Amplified Version - Habitually. It's important to create a habit of thinking about God's Word. If I habitually ponder what God's Word has to say, the greater impact it will have in my life. 

Psalm 1:2 - Habitually Meditate! 

No comments:

Post a Comment