Friday, February 19, 2016

Thanks Living: Divine Influence on the Heart

And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord who has enabled me, because He counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry,although I was formerly a blasphemer, a persecutor, and an insolent man; but I obtained mercy because I did it ignorantly in unbelief. And the grace of our Lord was exceedingly abundant, with faith and love which are in Christ Jesus. This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief. However, for this reason I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show all longsuffering, as a pattern to those who are going to believe on Him for everlasting life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, to God who alone is wise, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen. 
1 Timothy 1:12-19

And I (have): such as possession; ability, continuity, relation, or condition; 
Thank (thankfulness): of manner or act (abstract or concrete; literal, figurative or spiritual; especially the divine influence upon the heart, and its reflection in the life; including gratitude)

Lord: properly, a person exercising absolute ownership rights
Enabled: to empower, increase in strength

Counted: esteem, judge, suppose, think
Faithful: trusty; of persons who show themselves faithful in the transaction of business, the execution of commands, or the discharge of official duties


1 Timothy 1:12:
I’m so grateful to Christ Jesus for making me adequate to do this work. (MSG)
I thank our Lord Jesus the Anointed who empowers me, because He saw me as faithful and appointed me to this ministry. (VOICE)
I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has granted me [the needed] strength andmade me able for this, because He considered me faithful and trustworthy, putting me into service [for this ministry]. (AMP)
I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who gave me strength, because he ·trusted me [considered me trustworthy/faithful] and ·gave me this work of serving him [placed me in his service; appointed me to ministry]. (EXB)
How thankful I am to Christ Jesus our Lord for choosing me as one of his messengers, and giving me the strength to be faithful to him. (TLB)

Thankfulness. 
A divine influence on the heart and its reflection in the life. 

Thanks Living begins in the heart and is reflected or manifested in life. A life filled with thankfulness can't be hidden from others. It's reflected in actions, attitudes, thoughts, words, motivations. When one lives a life of Thanks Living, no matter the circumstances—one can remain faithful to the to the task. When one acknowledges the Source (God) of ability, strength, wisdom, knowledge, then thankfulness is the result—as one knows it can't be down alone. 

Thanks Living: Divine Influence on the Heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment