Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Proverbs 8:22-31: Been There, Done That

Read Proverbs 8:22-31 here: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs+8%3A22-31&version=NKJV

vs. 22
Possessed: created, own, attain
Way: mode of action
Of old: from time of, since

vs. 23
Established: I was installed
Everlasting: long duration, antiquity, futurity

vs. 30
Delight: pleasure, enjoyment
Rejoice: to laugh (in pleasure); by implication, to play, laugh, make merry
Experience: The process or fact of personally observing, encountering, or undergoing something. Philosophy. the totality of the cognitions given by perception; all thatis perceived, understood, and remembered.
To have experience of; meet with; undergo; feel.
I've seen it all. I was there when..... I've been there, done that. I saw what happened when.... I saw first hand..... each can be said of Wisdom. 
Wisdom was with God before the creation of the Earth. Wisdom saw what God created. Wisdom was in the company of God. Wisdom knows and has experience. 

Been there, done that. Know the results. 

When facing an unknown situation, what do we do? Usually search for some knowledge of someone who has been in that situation and knows what happens. 
When we take a trip, we use GPS, or google maps. We want to know how to get to our destination. 
When we are going to a new place, we google it to learn about what it will be like, what to expect. 
When we ...... the list goes on. We want to connect with someone who has been there, done that. 

Exactly what Wisdom is describing in Proverbs 8:22-31. Wisdom was there before God created the Earth. Wisdom saw God create the earth and everything in it. Wisdom has been around since BEFORE the beginning. Wisdom has been there, done that. Wisdom has knowledge and experience of being in the very presence of God. Wisdom has seen what happens when people choose knowledge and obedience to God, AND when people ignore Wisdom. 

When I am facing a situation, I want to discuss it with someone who has been there, done that. And who better to seek knowledge and instruction from—than Wisdom! With a heart permeated with a deep sense of reverence for God, I'll no only want to seek Wisdom, but I'll listen and obey what Wisdom tells me. Wisdom has been there, done that—and that is experience which I want on my side!

No comments:

Post a Comment