Sunday, June 16, 2013

The Unknown is the Very Best


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 11. Here is what I learned.

I have taken refuge in the Lord. How can you say to me: “Flee to your mountain like a bird? Psalm 11:1 (GW)

I am already in the soft embrace of the Eternal, so why do you beckon me to leave, saying, “Fly like a bird to the mountains. Psalm 11:1 (VOICE)

I ·trust in the Lord for protection [find refuge in the Lord]. So why do you say to me, “·Fly [Flee] like a bird to your mountain. Psalm 11:1 (EXB)

Refuge: have hope, make refuge, put trust; a primitive root; to flee for protection.

God is a refuge providing security and protection. How often do I say I trust God, that I am taking refuge in Him, only to fly away on my own? The distance from the head to the heart, is often a difference of only 10 to 12 inches... on the outside. 

The longest distance in the world is from head to the heart. Taking what we know and turning it into a demonstrable action, something that will elicit change in our lives and the lives of those around us, is true wisdom. The ability to transform knowledge into action is oftentimes quite the hurdle. M. J. Formica

Why do I leave security to fly out on my own.. you’d think that would create more fear. But as I’ve said before, too often I have the “I can do it myself” mentality. I want to take control. 

The thing about God’s refuge and security, it’s with me all the time, as long as I stay in His will. But so often, I get fearful of where God is leading—the unknown—that I fly away and try to find my own safe way. However, being away from God’s refuge is never a safe place. 

To let God's faithfulness free me from the fear of the unknown, I only have to stay in the refuge that God provides as He leads me. God will make the unknown known in His perfect time. 

To create a positive day, I need to remain in the security of God’s will and trust God that the unknown is the very best for me to accomplish His plan for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment