Wednesday, June 5, 2013

BUT


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 29. Here is what I learned.

The Lord ·controls [is enthroned over] the flood [controls chaos]. The Lord ·will be [is enthroned as] King forever. Psalm 29:10 (EXB)

The Lord sat as King over the deluge; the Lord [still] sits as King [and] forever! Psalm 29:10 (AMP)

"The Lord sitteth upon the flood." Flood follows tempest, but Jehovah is ready for the emergency. No deluge can undermine the foundation of his throne. He is calm and unmoved, however much the deep may roar and be troubled: his government rules the most unstable and boisterous of created things. Far out on the wild waste of waters, Jehovah "plants his footsteps in the sea, and rides upon the storm," "Yea, the Lord sitteth King for ever." Jesus has the government upon his shoulders eternally: our interests in the most stormy times are safe in his hands. Satan is not king, but Jehovah Jesus is; therefore let us worship him, and rejoice evermore. The Treasury of David

Ever feel like you are drowning or being suffocated by the chaos of circumstances? Ever feel like you’ve been left out in the storm and the flood waters are rising? 
I have. In fact the past few weeks, I’ve felt the flood waters rising—the deluge of frustration, the unknown, the lack of my control. Since my surgery on April 29, 2013, I have had a “new pain”, and quite severe in my back. First and foremost, I don’t like pain.... especially ‘new pain’. And secondly, I don’t like not knowing the cause of the pain. 

My doctors are trying to figure out the what and whys of the pain.... but even if they figure out the cause, there might not be anything they can do to relieve it. That fact alone causes the flood waters to rise even higher. 

BUT... I like that word... BUT God is in control of the deluge! God is in control of the flood waters! God is in control.... period! He KNOWS all the whats and whys. He KNOWS exactly why I have pain. He KNOWS and is controlling each and every aspect.

I don’t know WHY God is letting the flood waters rise around me right now. But (that word again) I was able to share some “Create a Positive Day” cards with some people when I had a CT scan done. (If you are one of those people, thanks for stopping by!)

The deluge may seem chaotic and overwhelming...BUT....to create a positive day, I only need to remember WHO is in control! 

No comments:

Post a Comment