Thursday, March 14, 2013

Perpetual Raving


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 150. Here is what I learned.

Praise God in his ·Temple [holy place; or holiness]; praise him in his ·mighty heaven.
Praise him for his strength; praise him for his [abundant] greatness.
Praise him with trumpet blasts; praise him with harps and lyres.
Praise him with tambourines and dancing; praise him with stringed instruments and flutes.
Praise him with loud cymbals; praise him with crashing cymbals.
Let everything that breathes praise the Lord.
Praise the Lord! Psalm 150 (EXB)

Praise: make boast self, celebrate, commend, deal, make, foolish glory, give light, shine, to rave.

Praise is a theme throughout all the Psalms. But what is praise? 

Praise: noun, verb, praised, prais·ing.
noun
1. the act of expressing approval or admiration; commendation; laudation.
2. the offering of grateful homage in words or song, as an act of worship: a hymn of praise to God.
3. the state of being approved or admired: The king lived in praise for many years.
4. Archaic. a ground for praise, or a merit.
verb (used with object)
5. to express approval or admiration of; commend; extol.
6. to offer grateful homage to (God or a deity), as in words or song.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Praise?s=t

So simply put, praise is a form of worship that involves giving reverence, love, and respect for/to Almighty God.
Praising God is not based on what He does, has done, or is doing for me. Praise is not based on how I feel, or my circumstances. Praise is not a one time event. Praise is not only for Sunday. 

Praise is all about God. Praise is worshiping who God is. Praise is raving about God. Praise is based on God’s characteristics. Praise is to be continuous. Praise is to be part of my daily life. 

Praise. 
P: Perpetual
R: Raving
A: About an Almighty
I: Irrefutable
S: Steadfast
E: Eternal God! 

Perpetual Raving About an Almighty, Irrefutable, Steadfast, Eternal God!

To create a positive day, I need to be praising God with my actions, attitude, out-look, and voice—perpetual raving about my Almighty God!

No comments:

Post a Comment