Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Positive Praise!

This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 96. Here is what I learned.


Let’s hear it from Sky, With Earth joining in, And a huge round of applause from Sea. Psalm 96:11 (MSG)


The “it” in Psalm 96:11 is “praise to God”. This past weekend, I heard the most amazing thing... stars making music. And no, it was not a reaction to my pain medication. I learned that stars create a vibration, and literally make noise! And then I heard whales singing! Put just those two creations of God together and you have an amazing song of praise to God! 

Here is the video. Take a moment to watch and listen. 



God creation praises Him. If the stars and whales can make music to God.... shouldn’t I also be praising God? 

I live in an apartment complex and my building has 6 floors. I hear a variety of noises. But I find it interesting that the noise that carries the loudest.... is the crying, yelling, screaming, fighting.... the “negative” sounds. Seldom do I hear the laughter or singing of joyful songs. 

What does God hear me saying, singing, and shouting most? Are my “noises” praising and honoring God? Or are my “noises” of disharmony and discord..... negative noise? 

My philosophy is “Create a Positive Day!”. Not only should I be seeing the awesome blessings God continues to send my way.... I need to makes sure that my “noise” throughout the day is positive praise to God

Create a positive day..... I need to not only live it... I need to make noise about why it’s a positive day—because God is God! To honestly create a positive day... it MUST include positive praise to my Almighty God! 

No comments:

Post a Comment