Saturday, July 17, 2010

Why?

WHY?
That's a question we ask often. We start asking it as a child and we never really stop. Why? We ask it when we want to learn information. It's a very useful question. However, there are times when we ask "Why?" we don't get any specific answers. What do we do then?
We have to trust. 

Today, I cooked some eggs. Max loves eggs. I know you think that's crazy for a bird to eat eggs, but they are a good source of protein. After I cook my eggs, I leave some in the pan to cook a longer (his have to be extra well done). Then I put them into Max's dish and put them in the freezer to cool.
Today, Max was on my shoulder as I cooked the eggs. He saw that I put his dish away, and my plate of eggs was on the counter. He couldn't figure out why he didn't get his.
I could tell he was asking me "Why?" He wanted to know why he couldn't have his eggs. I knew that they were too hot for him, and he'd burn his tongue. But of course, Max didn't understand. He wanted his eggs. When they were cool I gave him his dish and he was very happy. 

I ask God "why?" a lot. However, when I don't get an answer, I have to trust God. He really does know what He is doing! It's not wrong to ask "why?", but it is wrong to ask "why?" and ONLY trust God when you get an answer.

Trust is not about having
ALL the knowledge YOU think
you need to know.
It's about KNOWING
you can TRUST God and
that God is in control. 

The next time you ask God "why?" and He doesn't answer you, remember Max's eggs. Perhaps God is protecting you from harm. Trust God. Allow Him to work whether or not you know Why. 

If I knew all that God had/has planned for me I wouldn't be able to handle it. The knowledge would be overwhelming. God knows what we need to know and when we need to know it.
Trusting God makes the day positive,
because no matter what comes,
you know God is in control!

No comments:

Post a Comment